- Red Bull Solo Q 2021 begins and players will compete to determine the best solo competitor in the world and go on to test their skills against top pro players at the League of Legends All-Star Event.
- The 2021 circuit builds on last year’s success, which saw over 80,000 signups. Eefje “Sjokz” Depoortere returns as global brand ambassador, alongside guest appearances from other League of Legends stars.
- The unique competition will give League of Legends esports fans the ultimate 1v1 experience, and is set to culminate in a spectacular live final in Germany at the end of the year.
- SteelSeries comes on board as Peripheral Partner to support with their award-winning gaming headsets, keyboards and mice. AOC returns as the official Monitor Partner to equip the players with high performance gaming monitors ensuring exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates.
London, March 23rd, 2021. Are you ready to duel? Red Bull Solo Q, the official 1v1 League of Legends tournament, returns in 2021! Beginning in March, the best amateur players from all over the world will battle to be crowned the ultimate solo champ of the Rift, and earn their place in League of Legends history. What began as a grassroots tournament in 2014, Red Bull Solo Q is now a renowned circuit with the champion experiencing the League of Legends All-Star Event firsthand, which features some of the biggest stars on the scene.
Red Bull Solo Q 2021 will build on last year’s success, which attracted over 80,000 signups and national and international champions crowned around the world. Alongside the 2021 competition will be special appearances from some of the biggest stars in League of Legends, including Eefje “Sjokz” Depoortere, the global brand ambassador for Red Bull Solo Q 2021. Sjokz has been the face of the competition since 2019 and will be part of selected events, from national tournaments all the way to the world final.
The tournament series adds a new challenge to the League of Legends format; 1v1 duels where the player must draw "First Blood," take down the opponent’s tower, or reach a 100-minion score to claim victory. A truly international circuit, Red Bull Solo Q 2021 will see more than 30 national tournaments, 10 international qualifiers, and a prestigious global final at the end of the year. The 2021 Red Bull Solo Q World Final is planned to be a spectacular onsite event in Germany; however, the health and safety of players is the number one priority, and this is subject to change.
To make the 2021 competition the best yet, Red Bull Solo Q has joined forces with industry leading partners to bring the very best hardware to competitors. The tournament welcomes SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, as the new official Red Bull Solo Q Peripheral Partner, providing headsets, keyboards and mice to duelists, ensuring full immersion with tools built for both elite performance and durability. Additionally, AOC, the global leader in gaming monitors, returns as the Official Monitor Partner for the event, bringing exceptional visual clarity and ultra-high refresh rates to competitors.
The first Red Bull Solo Q 2021 International Online Qualifiers are open for registration now here, and national tournaments begin in March.
To stay up to date with the tournaments, join the official Red Bull Solo Q Discord and visit redbull.com/soloq.
Assets for Red Bull Solo Q can be found here.
About Global Partners
For the 2021 season, SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, joins as the official Peripheral Partner to support the event with their award-winning gaming headsets, keyboards and mice for the ultimate competitive edge. The exciting new partnership will ensure that competitors will have access to the peripherals they need for success. The hyper durable materials, sound quality and input precision are perfect for the fast decision making competitors require.
AOC, the global leader in gaming monitors, returns to join the Red Bull Gaming universe once again, bringing the event to life, and providing cutting-edge hardware for the esports tournament. As the official Monitor Partner for 2021, AOC will provide top-notch high performance gaming monitors for the ultimate gaming experience for contestants. High refresh rates and short response times mean competitors will have the best possible in-game experience.
More Red Bull Gaming / esports
● Red Bull Solo Q Discord ○ https://discord.com/invite/redbull-soloq
● Still images for editorial use ○ https://www.redbullcontentpool.com
● Web ○ https://redbull.com/gaming ○ https://redbull.com/esports
● Twitter ○ https://twitter.com/redbullgaming
● Instagram ○ https://www.instagram.com/redbullgaming
● Facebook ○ https://www.facebook.com/RedBullGaming